Summer Camps on the farm are coming! Registration is open.
Updated: Jun 30
Weaving Forest is an Outdoor/Indoor program in Southern Oregon (mostly in Talent and Ashland) that provides a unique and exciting opportunity for children and adults to connect to themselves, each other, and the natural world within the magical landscape of an evolving ecovillage.
This summer we offer several weeks of different camps including family campings and teen/adult workshops.
1. June 19-23. Summer Solstice! Embroidery, belt weaving, flower crown making, small purse sewing and decorating. Cute small farm animals tending, tree planting, water splashing, ice cream making! Ages 6-12, 9:30am-2:30pm, $250 ($200 if more than one child).
2. July 8. Round Table "Life in the Eco-village". Presentations and discussions on the communal living theme. POSTPONED.
July 7-9 Rabbit pelt tanning workshop. Adults and teens (possibly starting 9yo) are welcome. Pelts are provided. $40-60 sliding scale.
3. July 10-14. Lego on the Farm. Lego enthusiasts and animal lovers are invited to combine two passions in one week of relaxed and joyful creation and care! (Mostly indoor if it's smoky). Ages 6-12, 9:30am-2:30pm, $250 ($200 if more than one child). Drop ins are welcome too.
4. July 17-21. Slavic Arts and Crafts. (Indoor if smoky) Ages 6-12, 9:30am-2:30pm, $250 ($200 if more than one child). Like many traditional cultures, Slavic (Russian, Ukrainian, Polish, etc) village people used and passed through generations many useful and beautiful arts and crafts. Some of them were practical, some purely aesthetic, mostly influenced by local nature, climate, seasons and other factors. In our Camp each day we will do different crafts (including Ukrainian egg decoration, embroidery and painting), listen to the stories, sing songs, and apply traditional wisdom of faraway lands to the local environment.
5. August 1-4 (Tuesday-Friday) Natural materials building and modeling Week I. Clay, sticks, straw, willow. (Indoor if smoky). Ages 6-12, 9:30am-2:30pm, $200 ($150 each if more than one child).
6. August 7-10 (Monday-Thursday) Natural materials building and modeling Week II. Clay, sticks, straw, willow (Indoor if smoky). Ages 6-12, 9:30am-2:30pm, $200 ($150 each if more than one child).
7. August 28-September 1 (Labor Day weekend) - Family Camping #2. Rocket Mass Heater construction workshop. Details TBD
The Weaving Forest outdoor program is held with love and care by members of the Sun and Rain Ecovillage, which includes Grebenniki Farm and other neighboring places. Natalya Marchuk - dedicated community manifesto, Slavic arts expert, eco-village visioner and creator as well as permaculture farmer, and many other wonderful co-creators are welcoming you to join us!
We will romp around 20 acres of forest, trails, small farm animals, gardens, village commons, enjoying crafts, games, stories, and friendship building activities.
For questions and to register, please contact Natalya Marchuk at email@example.com